David Pajo Suicide Attempt

David Pajo Suicide Attempt

Postby scannest » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:18 pm

This is insane in so many ways...

David Pajo (guitarist for Slint, Zwan, Aerial M, etc.) posted a suicide note on his blog last night, then attempts to hang himself, is rescued by EMS workers, and then posts a 'thumbs-up!' photo from his hospital bed on Instagram.

Uh...yeah...I got nothin'

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2 ... .html#more
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Re: David Pajo Suicide Attempt

Postby JGJR » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:27 pm

This was very difficult to read. All I have is sympathy for him and hope that he regains his mental and physical health and is able to see his kids and to find love again.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby the mean » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:23 pm

Ugh.
the mean

Postby the mean » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:01 am

JGJR wrote:This was very difficult to read. All I have is sympathy for his wife and kids and hope that they keep their mental and physical health despite his wife having to deal with a physically and emotionally abusive ex.
the mean

Postby FlexMyHead » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:24 pm

When this was first posted, I quickly read over it (was at work), but it appears its now been taken down. Obviously there are two sides to every story and even more when the story involves people falling out of love etc. I guess you can debate about if the perception is factual or not, but it appear that when he wrote the note, he intended to kill himself, which is sad. The fact that the note also appeared to serve a purpose (shaming his wife or getting back at her) was a bit uncomfortable (and why I stopped reading it), but I think we can all agree (or at least most of us) that someone who plans and carries out a suicide attempt is not at the top of their emotional game and not to just dismiss anything they do/say, but to hold it against them is a bit much? I dunno, I feel bad for the kids as they may one day have to read about this online.
FlexMyHead

Postby the mean » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Yeah, I just wanted the other side to be out there. When I first googled this after it happened, I got 4chan talking about ways to ruin her life.

He's famous, so the public is going to take his side. Look at the comments here:
http://instagram.com/davidpajo/
"the discovery that women are not saints is the most painful thing I've ever been through."

We can all agree that dude's not in a good place emotionally, but if you finished the note, it was obvious that this was not the only abusive thing that he did to her.

In this situation, although I hope he gets help, my first thought is with the abuse victim and the kids.

I have a feeling Slint is going to get 1000s of new MRA fans.
the mean

Postby JGJR » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:00 pm

the mean wrote:Yeah, I just wanted the other side to be out there. When I first googled this after it happened, I got 4chan talking about ways to ruin her life.

He's famous, so the public is going to take his side. Look at the comments here:
"the discovery that women are not saints is the most painful thing I've ever been through."

We can all agree that dude's not in a good place emotionally, but if you finished the note, it was obvious that this was not the only abusive thing that he did to her.

In this situation, although I hope he gets help, my first thought is with the abuse victim and the kids.

the mean wrote:Yeah, I just wanted the other side to be out there. When I first googled this after it happened, I got 4chan talking about ways to ruin her life.

I'm not suggesting that he's a saint or that what he did was justifiable under any circumstance (it's not) and that much is clear. But wouldn't you gather that:
a) His wife is probably (hopefully) in a much better place than he is (mentally and physically) given what has happened and what he wrote.
b) This doesn't sound like a situation where the wife and kids are in any kind of danger. If anything, it sounds like he'll be lucky if he gets to see them.
c) We don't really know what's what just based on what he wrote, but one might hope that what he did was a one-time thing (though I know in these sorts of instances, it's often not, so I'm not naive) and that he is indeed remorseful. He tried to take his own life, so I imagine he felt and still feels quite guilty.
d) Or is there another part of the note that I'm not paying attention to that made you infer that?
e) One should never taken sexist, hateful 4chan crap seriously.
f) What David K said is correct re: his mental state and what not and not holding this stuff against him at the moment.
g) You are an empathetic person and that is a quality that is in short supply often, but shouldn't it also extend to someone who attempted to take his own life, even as vile as some of his actions were?
JGJR

Postby the mean » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:38 am

I'm saying that maybe everyone's first thought should not be with this (somewhat) famous guy who admits to physically abusing his wife, and then posts his suicide note online in an attempt to publicly humiliate and shame her.

Maybe we should be thinking about and supporting the abuse victim first, while still hoping Pajo gets whatever help he needs to deal with his depression and abusive behavior.
the mean

Postby JGJR » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:29 pm

the mean wrote:I'm saying that maybe everyone's first thought should not be with this (somewhat) famous guy who admits to physically abusing his wife, and then posts his suicide note online in an attempt to publicly humiliate and shame her.

Maybe we should be thinking about and supporting the abuse victim first, while still hoping Pajo gets whatever help he needs to deal with his depression and abusive behavior.

That's all understandable, but you focus on one (admittedly awful) aspect of it and completely ignore another aspect, which is that his wife left him for another man AND apparently took his kids. Now again, who knows what happened and why and quite possibly (probably) based on the note she had justification in doing so, but clearly he was angry and I'm not saying it was a justification to do what he did, but I am saying (once again) that he is (or was) clearly in much worse shape after all of this than she seems to be. If there was a chance that he would hit her again, I could see what you were saying, but in this context, it doesn't make much sense.

So yeah, don't you get why folks are sympathetic to him? It's not because he's semi-famous.
JGJR

Return to daghouse