Radioactivity-O'Briens-Allston,MA-7/29/15

Radioactivity-O'Briens-Allston,MA-7/29/15

Postby earthdog70 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:22 am

Thought I would post this, even though a couple days late.

Wednesday night at O'Briens-no A/C but plenty of Rawk. :mrgreen: First up was Conmen. I dug them, the singer had interesting stage presence. I would like to catch them again.

Laika's Orbit was next. They were OK. They had some equipment issues. The bassist either lost, forgot, and/or had her bass swiped? Not sure but she had to borrow a bass from Conmen's bassist. Then the lead guitarist broke a string towards the end of the set. I think their momentum fell off at that point. The lead singer/guitarist looked bummed after they were done. But everyone has an off night.

Then Casanovas In Heat hit the stage. Definitely heard some Husker and Mats influence there in the mix. They were really good. They have an LP coming, I will have to keep an eye out for it.

Then came Radioactivity. Place was packed by this point. It was really getting ripe in there. But they played an energetic and frenzied set. Definitely enjoyed it. I picked up Silent Kill on LP for $12. Told the guys in the band that I enjoyed and had seen them play in Cambridge last summer. They were appreciative.

Great show-get their new one if you can and go see them play. :!:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Return to daghouse