Daghouse Archive Forum Index Daghouse Archive
To access the current board, go to: www.daghouse.com/board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ethical dilemna involving neighbor and noisy dog

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: ethical dilemna involving neighbor and noisy dog Reply with quote

thought someone might have some perspective on this or might have been in this situation. as previously documented, i love animals, but my downstairs neighbor recently got a dog and it barks for most of the day. i assume no one is home when it is doing this, or they would quiet the dog down. my lease does not allow pets, but they let people have cats, so i know they do not have permission to have a dog. anyway, i am working a lot from home now, and this dog is really starting to bother me. i have not talked to my neighbor yet as i do not know them, but you can't really get a dog to stop barking if no one is home, so i don't think that would do any good. basically, i do not want to alert my landlord b/c i would not want to have the dog given away or have them put it down. i saw a final notice on his door from the cable company once saying they had come by to disconnect his service. it was big red sign and they do it to make you look like a deadbeat asshole. so i assume the dude is struggling with money, and i would really hate to add to his problems and get him evicted if the landlord decided to do so(even though i doubt they would). anyone ever have a problem like this?
Ras Tuh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: ethical dilemna involving neighbor and noisy dog Reply with quote

Question: Do you think the dog is in a happy, healthy home and is just barking for joy all day long?
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ethical dilemna involving neighbor and noisy dog Reply with quote

Ras Tuh wrote:
Question: Do you think the dog is in a happy, healthy home and is just barking for joy all day long?

well, it doesn't bark literally all day long. it will come in intervals. it is mainly in the morning. it will bark 5 minutes and stop, but it will do that 10 times in 2 hours sometimes. it was just barking right now. it is a small studio apartment. he is also right next to a gate that opens and closes for the cars, and it makes a lot of noise, so that is what might be making it bark. also, i grew up with a dog and in a neighborhood with a lot of dogs. the woman next to my parents had two dogs she loved, but they would bark all day. that is just something dogs do sometimes. i mean, this woman was middle aged and had 20 pictures up in her house of her and her dogs. So I am not thinking the dog is abused. I would probably hear it if the guy was beating it and it was crying out. It is just your typical barking.
jason powell

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soak some steak strips in a marinade of mild hypnotics and slip them under the door as needed.
versiŲn soŁnd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either the dog is reacting to a squirrel outside the window, or he has seperation anxiety. I'm not sure you'll be able to do much about either.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it is the gate opening and closing that causes the barking. the guy always has his windows closed. i am sure he is trying to hide it as i cannot imagine the landlord approved it. i guess they could have allowed it but it would be highly unlikely.
Welly!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you could cook up some complex revenge scenario involving the barking dog, cable company and mailman.

You seem kinda uptight. Either that or maybe you should get out more. Very Happy
Joe R

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the dog truly was disrupting me, I'd talk to the guy. I understand your consideration for the guys situation but, that isn't your fault or problem and this guy needs to figure out how to maintain the dog during the day when he is gone. If you can hear him so can other people so its only a matter of time before the land lord does in fact fine out anyway. And if you feel talking to the guy would just be a un needed difficulty in your life then just report him straight away.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe R wrote:
If the dog truly was disrupting me, I'd talk to the guy. I understand your consideration for the guys situation but, that isn't your fault or problem and this guy needs to figure out how to maintain the dog during the day when he is gone. If you can hear him so can other people so its only a matter of time before the land lord does in fact fine out anyway. And if you feel talking to the guy would just be a un needed difficulty in your life then just report him straight away.

well i live right above him. the only person next to him is an old retired guy, and i think he is pretty damn old b/c i have never seen him and you can see the junk mail pile up in front of his door for weeks sometimes. so maybe he doesn't hear the dog. i guess i am just going to have to live with for now. the only way to get the dog to be quiet would be to put a muzzle on it, and then it would most likely be starving all of the time. i would def talk to him first before i even considered going to the land lord.
lakeannedave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

start a band and practice in your apartment when the other guy is home.

I love noisy neighbors because it means I can be noisy too.
NotBaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ethical dilemna involving neighbor and noisy dog Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:
my lease does not allow pets, but they let people have cats, so i know they do not have permission to have a dog.

Maybe his dog is a cat. Laughing
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just going to live with it for now,and no longer give a fuck if i drop something on the floor late at night or make a lot of noise. at least i have something to counter him with if he ever complains about me. neighbors suck.
gregpolard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:
i'm just going to live with it for now,and no longer give a fuck if i drop something on the floor late at night or make a lot of noise. at least i have something to counter him with if he ever complains about me. neighbors suck.

I'd rather have the barking dog than the upstairs neighbors that we have at our apt. I'll just say that much. haha
JGJR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our neighbors in the house next door have a dog that IMO they don't walk nearly enough, so she always pees in the alley between our houses and constantly tries to go into our backyard to poop there (not to mention that they shouldn't let her hang out there). We've had to put up a gate on several occasions to keep her out of there. It doesn't help that the neighbors paved over their yard and now have a little patio area there. Anyway, the dog also barks at us (and everyone else) all the time. I feel bad that they don't take better care of her. Her barking is annoying, but thankfully infrequent enough that it's just a minor nuisance at best.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregpolard wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

I'd rather have the barking dog than the upstairs neighbors that we have at our apt. I'll just say that much. haha

aw man, now i am curious. spill the beans.
Welly!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:
dogs suck.

Fixed.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JGJR wrote:
Our neighbors in the house next door have a dog that IMO they don't walk nearly enough, so she always pees in the alley between our houses and constantly tries to go into our backyard to poop there (not to mention that they shouldn't let her hang out there). We've had to put up a gate on several occasions to keep her out of there. It doesn't help that the neighbors paved over their yard and now have a little patio area there. Anyway, the dog also barks at us (and everyone else) all the time. I feel bad that they don't take better care of her. Her barking is annoying, but thankfully infrequent enough that it's just a minor nuisance at best.

yeah, my parent's neighbor who i mentioned above left her dogs out in her yard all day, and they barked a lot, esp in the morning. eventually my parents complained and she put them inside, but you could still hear the barking. that is why i kind of realized this thread was pointless as i was typing it out. i had already made up my mind through my lack of action. the guy shouldn't really have a dog in a studio apt, but i think of all the people who have pit bulls locked in those chain fences so they can only move a few feet and at least it is better than that.
gregpolard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

Family of five live upstairs in the 3 bedroom apt. They're "white trash" personified to a "t". They have 3 kids...one is a boy who's like 16 or 17 who we call "Hobbit" because well, he looks like a hobbit. The other two are little girls who are super weird looking and we say that they look like they may have fetal alchohol syndrome (my wife and I are horrible people apparently) but the kids are so annoying that I can't feel bad. They make all this noise upstairs at odd hours...like 5 AM on a Sunday. The parents do NOTHING to quiet them. When my youngest was born two years ago they were making all kinds of noise...while we had a crying newborn who would could keep quiet. Actually had to call the police on them. They've never made an effort to be friendly even though we have children who are roughly the same age (their youngest is in Kindergarten with my oldest). They used to hog the laundry room on Sunday's...from like 7:30 am til 9 pm at night. We only have two washers and driers in our building and they would legit do 10 loads of laundry every sunday, not allowing anyone else in. The wife, who we call "Puff" because she smokes (aren't we creative?) smoked in front of our open window causing an asthma flair up for my oldest where he was in the hospital for 3 days a couple years ago. I could go on...they're just the worst and I pray every day that they get evicted.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregpolard wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

Family of five live upstairs in the 3 bedroom apt. They're "white trash" personified to a "t". They have 3 kids...one is a boy who's like 16 or 17 who we call "Hobbit" because well, he looks like a hobbit. The other two are little girls who are super weird looking and we say that they look like they may have fetal alchohol syndrome (my wife and I are horrible people apparently) but the kids are so annoying that I can't feel bad. They make all this noise upstairs at odd hours...like 5 AM on a Sunday. The parents do NOTHING to quiet them. When my youngest was born two years ago they were making all kinds of noise...while we had a crying newborn who would could keep quiet. Actually had to call the police on them. They've never made an effort to be friendly even though we have children who are roughly the same age (their youngest is in Kindergarten with my oldest). They used to hog the laundry room on Sunday's...from like 7:30 am til 9 pm at night. We only have two washers and driers in our building and they would legit do 10 loads of laundry every sunday, not allowing anyone else in. The wife, who we call "Puff" because she smokes (aren't we creative?) smoked in front of our open window causing an asthma flair up for my oldest where he was in the hospital for 3 days a couple years ago. I could go on...they're just the worst and I pray every day that they get evicted.

wow, holy shit. that sounds horrible. yeah, i have always tried to be quiet, esp since i am a night person. i had this older guy living next door to me, and he had this huge surround sound system and had his tv on all day. i had to start wearing earplugs to sleep. i pounded on his wall, went over there once at 430am and was really polite, and even just went to my apartment manager eventually, several times. he would just not move his subwoofer from the wall, which was the only problem. even if the tv wasn't that loud, it would make my whole wall shake. he also had his friend living on his couch and he would watch tv all day and night. the landlord knew and never wrote him up. supposedly you get once warning about being loud, they write you up, and supposedly you get evicted after that. yeah right. i even found out my neighbor complained about him across the courtyard b/c he left his windows opened and blasted his tv. he finally moved out in the middle of the month in december and i thought for sure he had been evicted. i went to pay my rent and the manager was so proud she was "taking care of her tenants" and that this guy was moving out. but it turned out he had gotten fired and couldn't pay his rent. it is all about money. no landlord will ever evict you unless he is at full capacity and can move someone else in right away, unless you are just doing something highly illegal.
Ras Tuh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welly! wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
dogs suck.

Fixed.

I like the cut of your jib.
gregpolard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

wow, holy shit. that sounds horrible. yeah, i have always tried to be quiet, esp since i am a night person. i had this older guy living next door to me, and he had this huge surround sound system and had his tv on all day. i had to start wearing earplugs to sleep. i pounded on his wall, went over there once at 430am and was really polite, and even just went to my apartment manager eventually, several times. he would just not move his subwoofer from the wall, which was the only problem. even if the tv wasn't that loud, it would make my whole wall shake. he also had his friend living on his couch and he would watch tv all day and night. the landlord knew and never wrote him up. supposedly you get once warning about being loud, they write you up, and supposedly you get evicted after that. yeah right. i even found out my neighbor complained about him across the courtyard b/c he left his windows opened and blasted his tv. he finally moved out in the middle of the month in december and i thought for sure he had been evicted. i went to pay my rent and the manager was so proud she was "taking care of her tenants" and that this guy was moving out. but it turned out he had gotten fired and couldn't pay his rent. it is all about money. no landlord will ever evict you unless he is at full capacity and can move someone else in right away, unless you are just doing something highly illegal.

EXACTLY! We've complained to management and they say that they have sent warnings, but bottom line is...if they're paying their rent...they aren't going to do anything.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregpolard wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

EXACTLY! We've complained to management and they say that they have sent warnings, but bottom line is...if they're paying their rent...they aren't going to do anything.

yeah, this same guy had the cops called on him once by his other neighbor b/c he and his friend were arguing and really drunk, and she thought they were fighting. the guy thought i had called them and flipped out and had it in for me after that. i had to let him know it wasn't me, but it was all ugly after that. he eventually got a little more respectful, but obviously not enough that it made a difference. the landlord knows when the cops come and what they get called in for, and don't care about that either. i have never had a cool landlord.
Welly!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always move.

Failing that, the one thing you (should) know when you listen to punk rock, is that you have a far more volatile music collection (or at least should have) than any halfwit who may be living next door. You should also be in possession of at least a half decent sound system.

Note: I blew two sets of speakers playing Why by Discharge to nuisance neighbours years ago. I have since rectified the weak speaker problem.
lakeannedave

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I want to disturb my neighbor,
'cause I'm feelin' so right.
I want to turn up my disco,
blow them to full watts tonight."

Marley - Bad Card
Ras Tuh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welly! wrote:
THE CRUCIFUCKS

lakeannedave wrote:
THE CRUCIFUCKS

Welly!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ras Tuh wrote:
Welly! wrote:
THE CRUCIFUCKS

Sometimes you have to fight fire with FIRE.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welly! wrote:
You could always move.

Failing that, the one thing you (should) know when you listen to punk rock, is that you have a far more volatile music collection (or at least should have) than any halfwit who may be living next door. You should also be in possession of at least a half decent sound system.

Note: I blew two sets of speakers playing Why by Discharge to nuisance neighbours years ago. I have since rectified the weak speaker problem.

i have a decent sound system , but i am not an asshole. i usually listen to most of my music on my headphones at night. i am not going to move b/c of a neighbor. who knows where you could end up next and what the next guys could be like?as soon as this guy got kicked out they moved in a couple who had been sharing a two bedroom with someone else. they are quiet and respectful. yeah, i could blast DRI all day long, but a lot of my neighbors work shitty hours around the clock. i am going to let them try to sleep. if someone is blasting music during the day or on the weekend i don;t care. my neighbor was bumping his tv at 4am and not giving a fuck. there is a difference.
Welly!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:
but i am not an asshole.

Really?
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welly! wrote:
You could always move.

also, i know what you are saying about fighting back, but at 5am i am going to wake up my other neighbors who are most likely trying to sleep.
Joe R

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man those are not fun neighbors.

I have a Special Needs couple that live next door to us. Nick and Margaret. They are partially deaf so they have their TV VERY loud most of the time. We talked to them about it and now they have an alarm that goes of at 9PM and they turn the TV down. That was the easiest interaction with a bad situation neighbor that I have ever been involved with.

but the street I grew up on...crazy crazy crazy. one time my little brother and I were in the kitchen making grilled cheese sandwiches while watching a game on TV and there was a LOUD bang...like really loud...that came from next door but also a bang in side our house. We were into the game so we'd run back and forth to the kitchen, so when the bang happened we were in the living room. We run into the kitchen and there is a bullet hole through the oven hood/fan thing right where we'd have been standing making our lunch. They shot a gun off and the bullet went through their wall...through our oven hood across the kitchen and into the back wall. They were playing poker and just messing around.

Welcome to the Hood.
Welly!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:

also, i know what you are saying about fighting back, but at 5am i am going to wake up my other neighbors who are most likely trying to sleep.

I'm actually joking about, but I should've known some of you American types don't realise something's supposed to be humourous unless there's a dick joke involved, so I apologise.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welly! wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
but i am not an asshole.

Really?

i read this post after i made my last one. it might have read that i was calling you an asshole for blaring your music, but i did not mean that to you specifically, i meant to people who do that in general. i can be a prick, but in general i try to treat people with respect. if you think i am an asshole, i could really give a fuck.
Welly!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:
i couldn't really give a fuck.

Fixed.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welly! wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

I'm actually joking about, but I should've known some of you American types don't realise something's supposed to be humourous unless there's a dick joke involved, so I apologise.

damn it. i feel like i wrote my post in haste. sometimes i do not know when you are being truthful or fucking with me. that said, i know my persona is abrasive and i can be antagonistic on here, so i guess more than a fair amount of being on here would consider me one. i can live with that though.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe R wrote:

I have a Special Needs couple that live next door to us. Nick and Margaret. They are partially deaf so they have their TV VERY loud most of the time. We talked to them about it and now they have an alarm that goes of at 9PM and they turn the TV down. That was the easiest interaction with a bad situation neighbor that I have ever been involved with.

but the street I grew up on...crazy crazy crazy. one time my little brother and I were in the kitchen making grilled cheese sandwiches while watching a game on TV and there was a LOUD bang...like really loud...that came from next door but also a bang in side our house. We were into the game so we'd run back and forth to the kitchen, so when the bang happened we were in the living room. We run into the kitchen and there is a bullet hole through the oven hood/fan thing right where we'd have been standing making our lunch. They shot a gun off and the bullet went through their wall...through our oven hood across the kitchen and into the back wall. They were playing poker and just messing around.

Welcome to the Hood.

fuck man, that doesn't make my neighbors sound so bad. did they pay for it at least?
Joe R

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:
Joe R wrote:

Welcome to the Hood.

fuck man, that doesn't make my neighbors sound so bad. did they pay for it at least?

Nope...it was there until we moved out...a few years later. The landlord didn't fix it either. We didn't call the cops...fear I guess. We saw all kinds of crazy shit on that street. murders (first one I saw I was 5, shotgun death about 40 feet away from me), fights, high speed chases, major swat drug busts, hostage situations....oh even a derailed train (we had tracks in our alley), We saw people hold up Pizza delivery guys, UPS, FedEx (Federal Express back then), Cable guys, mailmen and even the Ice Cream truck guy.

One time my bother and I came home from school and there was a guy laying on our couch passed out drunk....with my cat, Shmoo, laying on his chest fast asleep himself. We went to our back neighbors and called the cops, they came and got the guy out of there...he lived a few apartments down the street...but being drunk and the buildings do all look the same...he just came in through the back and fell asleep on the couch.
Welly!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:
sometimes i do not know when you are being truthful or fucking with me.

Well both, but you gotta get yer smarts up to speed.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, that must have been hard. did you grow up in oxnard? i thought that area was more blue collar than anything else. i do not live in the best hood right now and see a lot of bad shit go down, but nothing crazy like what you described. i just try to stay out of the shit over here.
Welly!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:
damn, that must have been hard. did you grow up in oxnard? i thought that area was more blue collar than anything else. i do not live in the best hood right now and see a lot of bad shit go down, but nothing crazy like what you described. i just try to stay out of the shit over here.

Where are you living?
Joe R

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:

Yeah I grew up in South Oxnard...its not officially a different City though I am sure the City of Oxnard wishes it was. There are 2 sections of major hood, South Side and La Colonia (think world champion boxers). the rest of the Nard is sort of blue collar'ish. I lived on Terrace from ages 4 - 16...then I moved back into my own apartment when I was 21-23. We got all this farm land here...which brought a ton of migrant workers that eventually just stayed. so poverty is pretty high and so that begets the rest of what happens here. There are not a lot of African Americans in the Oxnard area, but the ones that are here are in South Side. Plus there are large poor asian groups around here as well. So Poverty, drugs and territory...plus race...thing's exploded in the 70's and 80's. Its mellowed a lot the past 20 years or so though.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welly! wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

i have literally slept like 6 hours in the past 48, so i am kind of out of it right now.

i live in van nuys, cali. it is not terrible, but there is a ton of GTA, property theft and assault around here, as well as a lot of cholo gangs and hookers in the night time. i can hold my own but it would be a bad place for a woman to walk around at night.
Joe R

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:
Welly! wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

i have literally slept like 6 hours in the past 48, so i am kind of out of it right now.

i live in van nuys, cali. it is not terrible, but there is a ton of GTA, property theft and assault around here, as well as a lot of cholo gangs and hookers in the night time. i can hold my own but it would be a bad place for a woman to walk around at night.

yeah not a "dream" neighborhood either.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe R wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

Yeah I grew up in South Oxnard...its not officially a different City though I am sure the City of Oxnard wishes it was. There are 2 sections of major hood, South Side and La Colonia (think world champion boxers). the rest of the Nard is sort of blue collar'ish. I lived on Terrace from ages 4 - 16...then I moved back into my own apartment when I was 21-23. We got all this farm land here...which brought a ton of migrant workers that eventually just stayed. so poverty is pretty high and so that begets the rest of what happens here. There are not a lot of African Americans in the Oxnard area, but the ones that are here are in South Side. Plus there are large poor asian groups around here as well. So Poverty, drugs and territory...plus race...thing's exploded in the 70's and 80's. Its mellowed a lot the past 20 years or so though.

yeah, i know all kinds of latin fighters go over to oxnard to train b/c there is a huge following for them there. i have been to oxnard once or twice, but aside from oxnard bands i have no real first hand experience with the place.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe R wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
Welly! wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

yeah not a "dream" neighborhood either.

haha, yeah. far from that. there are a lot of nice places in the valley and L.A. but the rent has really gotten crazy in the last ten years. when i get a better job i will be moving on.
xxxHunterxxx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my neighbors throws their dog shit bags in my trash cans, which makes my trash cans reek. If I ever figure out who it is, I'm going to dump a week's worth of shit bags on their doorstep.
Welly!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxHunterxxx wrote:
One of my neighbors throws their dog shit bags in my trash cans, which makes my trash cans reek. If I ever figure out who it is, I'm going to dump a week's worth of shit bags on their doorstep.

...and light them.
xxxHunterxxx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welly! wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:

...and light them.

Sadly, they're plastic bags.
Welly!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxHunterxxx wrote:
Welly! wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:

...and light them.

Sadly, they're plastic bags.

Fuck it, you only live once.
Ras Tuh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxHunterxxx wrote:

Good on you.
JGJR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:
JGJR wrote:

yeah, my parent's neighbor who i mentioned above left her dogs out in her yard all day, and they barked a lot, esp in the morning. eventually my parents complained and she put them inside, but you could still hear the barking. that is why i kind of realized this thread was pointless as i was typing it out. i had already made up my mind through my lack of action. the guy shouldn't really have a dog in a studio apt, but i think of all the people who have pit bulls locked in those chain fences so they can only move a few feet and at least it is better than that.

FWIW we have a cat even though technically our landlord doesn't allow pets. He's OK with us and folks in the other apartments in our house having cats, though, as he has also cats and likes them. The folks next door are owners (several generations living under one roof, actually; 3 to be precise), though, so that's why they can have a dog. I much prefer our other next door neighbors' new-ish golden retriever (so friendly, outgoing, a bit hyper, etc.). Anyway, I'm still way more of a cat person.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i have a cat. they say no pets in the lease, but i guess a lot of people had cats so they just let it go and said it was ok when i signed my lease. but cats really don't make any noise, esp compared to dogs. they might cause a fair amount of damage though. i don't think you should really be allowed to have dogs in apartments anyway unless it is big and the walls are thick. dogs are just meant for houses. i used to live in a place and the guy above me had two dogs. one was pretty big and the other was small, but they sounded so heavy walking on the floor. and when people came over to play with them and they were running around, it was like having a bowling alley above me.

i am rethinking my original plan as this dog is starting to piss me off. i think the guy might be locking him in a small space too during the day, which would explain the barking. i would feel bad if the dog has to be given away, but that is not my problem.
JGJR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:

i am rethinking my original plan as this dog is starting to piss me off. i think the guy might be locking him in a small space too during the day, which would explain the barking. i would feel bad if the dog has to be given away, but that is not my problem.

That is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I really hate when people do this. About 10 years ago, I lived in a 3rd or 4th floor walk-up apartment in Jersey City and the roommate I was living with had these 3 small dogs (two toy poodles and a terrier). She's leave them alone for long stretches of time (sometimes days on end) and wouldn't walk them nearly enough. Sometimes, she'd get her mom to do it and once when she sprained her ankle she asked me to do it and I obliged. Anyway, the worst part about it is that when she was gone and when she went to sleep, she locked them in the bathroom. I was in grad school and not working at the time, so I was occasionally home in the afternoons and I felt bad for them, so I let them out and they'd immediately pee in the kitchen. One time after I first moved there they pooped in one of my shoes, too. Long story short, I moved out of that place w/in 3-4 months.
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JGJR wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

That is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I really hate when people do this. About 10 years ago, I lived in a 3rd or 4th floor walk-up apartment in Jersey City and the roommate I was living with had these 3 small dogs (two toy poodles and a terrier). She's leave them alone for long stretches of time (sometimes days on end) and wouldn't walk them nearly enough. Sometimes, she'd get her mom to do it and once when she sprained her ankle she asked me to do it and I obliged. Anyway, the worst part about it is that when she was gone and when she went to sleep, she locked them in the bathroom. I was in grad school and not working at the time, so I was occasionally home in the afternoons and I felt bad for them, so I let them out and they'd immediately pee in the kitchen. One time after I first moved there they pooped in one of my shoes, too. Long story short, I moved out of that place w/in 3-4 months.

yeah man, fuck that kind of attitude. there is a half bathroom hallway that leads to the actual bathroom at my place. so if he was locking it in it would have some space to move around, maybe a little more than he would have at a boarding kennel, but still not enough room for it. i also don't think he is walking it, at least as far as i know, since he is trying to hide it in all likelihood. i don't know, i never hear it barking after 5 or 6pm. maybe he is letting someone keep it there during the day and not letting it stay at night. you have to walk a dog eventually though, it would just destroy your place after awhile. everything about this situation blows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daghouse Archive Forum Index -> daghouse All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: