Daghouse Archive Forum Index Daghouse Archive
To access the current board, go to: www.daghouse.com/board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

speaking of slapshot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
target

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: speaking of slapshot Reply with quote

this article was too long for me to read, but it's about one of the dude's in the band

http://gawker.com/5883035/the-montauk-grifter-how-one-con-man-used-okcupid-for-fun-fraud-and-profit
lewdd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was hilarious.
xxxHunterxxx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: speaking of slapshot Reply with quote

target wrote:
this article was too long for me to read, but it's about one of the dude's in the band

http://gawker.com/5883035/the-montauk-grifter-how-one-con-man-used-okcupid-for-fun-fraud-and-profit

He wasn't actually in the band.
target

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but he was in napalm death, though, wasn't he?
xxxHunterxxx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

target wrote:
but he was in napalm death, though, wasn't he?

Not during my stint with the group.
JGJR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the article yet, but the "grifter" part of the link made me think of the "hipster grifter" lady who was caught and apprehended here in Philly a few years ago. I actually know the guy who caught her.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillygossip/Musician_says_he_turned_in_Hipster_Grifter.html

http://www.observer.com/2009/style/hipster-grifter
yourenotevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man, that selena woman sounds so stupid. i don't know how you could fall for all of this bullshit, esp in the internet age. if she says she knew guys in slapshot, she definitely should have known he was fake.

but this is an old tactic. my friend used to listen to tom leykis all of the time(he was like a conservative howard stern type guy) and once i tuned into his show. it was all about guys calling up who had lied about being semi pro athletes. this was probably in 2003 so i am guessing most of these stories were way before the internet was so prevalent. anyway, these guys would say they were in the minor leagues for the dodgers or a 3rd sting defensive linemen for some pro hockey team, and they would bang all of these chicks under false pretenses. i even know it happens recently. some guy in 2004 or so was posing as brian st pierre, the 3rd string steelrs qb. he was borrowing money from women he was dating and got caught when he gave her neighbor some fake autographed jersey and the guy knew it wasn't him. like an nfl qb would need to be borrowing money.
JGJR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:
man, that selena woman sounds so stupid. i don't know how you could fall for all of this bullshit, esp in the internet age. if she says she knew guys in slapshot, she definitely should have known he was fake.

but this is an old tactic. my friend used to listen to tom leykis all of the time(he was like a conservative howard stern type guy) and once i tuned into his show. it was all about guys calling up who had lied about being semi pro athletes. this was probably in 2003 so i am guessing most of these stories were way before the internet was so prevalent. anyway, these guys would say they were in the minor leagues for the dodgers or a 3rd sting defensive linemen for some pro hockey team, and they would bang all of these chicks under false pretenses. i even know it happens recently. some guy in 2004 or so was posing as brian st pierre, the 3rd string steelrs qb. he was borrowing money from women he was dating and got caught when he gave her neighbor some fake autographed jersey and the guy knew it wasn't him. like an nfl qb would need to be borrowing money.

I met a guy at a party recently who said that he was a kicker and punter on various arena league football teams up until his mid 30s (he's now 40). He now drives a milk truck and lives with his girlfriend, so I can't imagine that he's scamming anyone. In other words, sometimes that shit is true though the above liars sound like they're easily found out/verifiable. He also played in a r'n'b/soul cover band and played in some local PA area indie band in the late '90s that opened for Elliott Smith and other folks around that time period. Interesting guy.
xxxHunterxxx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourenotevil wrote:

The chicks go nuts when I tell them I was captain of the GWU squash team. How do you think I pay for my emo haircuts and $19 cheeseburgers?
JGJR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxHunterxxx wrote:
How do you think I pay for my emo haircuts and $19 cheeseburgers?

Dot Dash CD sales, of course.* Laughing

*You know I'm kidding. In a more just world, DD would be as big if not bigger than any Pitchfork-approved artist out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Daghouse Archive Forum Index -> daghouse All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: